The MVNO Directory 2011
Companies purchase The MVNO Directory mainly to enable the expansion of their business. The world of MNOs consists of nearly 800 operators with many of these operations owned and operated by a select club; namely Vodafone, Telefonica, Orange, Airtel, etc. The MVNO market on the other hand is much more fragmented, which is to the benefit of many. Each operation typically operates in just one country or across a specific region, such as the Benelux countries or Germany and Austria.
Operations are normally targeted at a niche group within society and parent companies are often seeking to expand and develop upon established client bases from other sectors. This can easily mean that the management of these smaller operations are keener to hear of methods, practices and products which will assist them to do business better; more so than established MNOs with massive research and development departments made up of teams of in house developers and experts.
MNOs themselves also utilise the MVNO Directory to help guide their MVNO strategy and in some cases MNOs have entered markets as MVNOs rather than purchasing spectrum and building out additional networks. Within the solutions sector companies have used The MVNO Directory as the decision maker as to whether or not to target their products at MVNOs.
Other key reasons we have identified for purchasing The MVNO Directory are as follows:Valid list of operators
– If you had the time you could compile a list of operations; you would certainly find Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and many other big names with relative ease. This is the 5th edition of The MVNO Directory with research dating back to 2006. Google searches and Wikipedia alone will not provide the accuracy and access to data needed to be able to construct a comparable database in a cost effective time frame.Expertise
– The same researchers for the 4 previous editions of The MVNO Directory have compiled this year’s edition. This consistency and experience helps to ensure that standards are maintained from each edition to the next.
– Work for the directory is performed by experienced researchers. Their experience means they are quicker and more adept than most people at finding this information. Buying this data off the shelf takes away the management and training issues which you would come across with such a routine and repetitive task.Time taken to research
– The MVNO Directory 2011 takes advantage of ongoing in-house research services and initially called upon a year’s worth of these resources to update the list of companies to include. This list then had to be validated and cross referenced with external resources. Having compiled the list during March 2011 the research process then began, which took the months of April and May to complete.
– The researchers had to review 1,200 operations to produce the final dataset.5 years of improvement
This is the 4th edition of The MVNO Directory. Each edition sees an improvement in coverage as the researchers discover more of the hidden operators. The researchers are also able to fill in further data points each year which were not captured in previous editions.
Who buys the The MVNO Directory
- OSS / BSS companies
- Mobile content developers
- MAPOS companies
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile virtual network enablers
- MVNO start-ups
- Financial and telecommunication analysts
- Seminar and conference firms